Problems that call for immediate medical attention are:
- Bleeding between periods
- Amenorrhea: lack of periods – periods that may have started and stopped, or not started at all
- Dysmenorrhea: painful menstruation, often with cramps
- Areomenorrhea: very rare menstruation
- Menorrhagea: exceptionally heavy periods
These anomalies in the period may be caused by:
- 90% of anomalies in menstruation are due to hormonal problems.
- Psychological disturbances caused by changes in a woman’s environment (e.g. moving to a new country, home, office), personal problems, etc.
- Strict and unbalanced diets with rapid weight loss.
- Use of drugs.