Talk to her about her body
When a girl enters puberty, due to her increase of female hormones in her body, she acquires some particular physical characteristics, indicating her feminine nature:
• Her breast is developed.
• Hair appears (originally in pubic area and underarm and then in the rest of her body).
• Her body development escalates.
• Her body structure changes (waist becomes thinner her pelvis grows wider).
• Both body muscle and fat increase.
• Glandular secretions of armpit and vagina increase.
• She has her first period.
Observing all these changes in her body, it is expected that your little girl initially feels embarrassed. It is therefore very important that you explain to her what happens in her body, as well as why these changes occur. It is essential to make her feel proud of her new self, speaking openly, as woman to woman.In collaboration with Dr Olga. E. Bikou, Obstetrician-Surgeon-Gynaecologist