It is very important for every woman to know how her body works.
This way she will have a better understanding of her menses, ensure a better hygiene of her sensitive area, have a healthy sex life, and of course prevent any problems that may arise.
The female reproductive system.
- Fallopian tubes: These are two tubular formations, which make the necessary moves in order for the ovum to meet with and the sperm.
- The ovaries: Are the oval shaped organs in which the fallopian tubes lead. Throughout the period from puberty to menopause, the ovaries produce oestrogen, which give the woman the female phenotype and reproducibility.
- The uterus: It is a muscular organ, the size of which increases considerably during pregnancy, allowing the fetus development.
- The endometrium: This is the inner layer of the uterus, which receives the fertilized egg.
- The cervix: It is the lower part of the uterus. This section has an opening that allows the connection between the uterine cavity and the vagina. Through the cervical opening, the menstrual blood is pumped into the vagina and, ultimately, outside the body.
In collaboration with Dr Olga. E. Bikou, Obstetrician-Surgeon-Gynaecologist